Position: Assistant Buyer
Reports To: Contract Mfg. Buyer – Planner
Summary: This position will be responsible for expediting purchased products and verify accurate inventory levels necessary to fulfill work orders in an ISO 9000:2015 environment.
- Run Purchasing and related reports to ensure purchased product will be delivered on time to meet the planned production schedule in a timely fashion.
- Ability to navigate an MRP system, entering data including cycle counts and, part notes.
- Track the distribution (supply chain) process and provide accurate timely information regarding late or delayed and on-time shipments.
- Communicate in an effective and timely manner with internal and external customers and other representatives.
- Coordinate the return of non-conforming product to suppliers, issuing material discrepancy reports, and requesting return authorizations.
- Verify information for revisions, locators and costs are accurate where applicable.
- Place KANBAN orders for supplies.
- Maintain and coordinate revision changes to products to include: Communicating the information to various personnel and representatives and maintaining open job orders and files where necessary.
- Receive production work orders and issue material to job orders when necessary.
- Occasionally count and maintain on hand inventory accuracy when needed.
- Work with Quality Assurance when non-conforming materials are received.
- Maintain Customer and Supplier Masters in company software.
- Work effectively with accounting to correct pricing issues.
Education and Experience:
- 2-5 years of experience in a production planning/materials controls function or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Should possess solid analytical skills.
- Excellent data entry skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of changing situations.
- Computer literacy applied to scheduling and data management.
- Familiarity with electrical components desired.
- Strong interpersonal skills requiring the ability to resolve conflicting interests and obtain cooperation.
- Prior MRP/ERP experience desired.
- Knowledge of Microsoft software required.
- Environmental Safety and Health.
- Quality System Awareness.